Saturday, April 28, 2007

"Hey Sexy Mama...why you dressed so funky?"




Does anyone remember that song? I think it was an early '90's hit and that's the only line I can remember. Anyway, good news. I'm being induced! I'm 37 weeks and dilated 2 cm so Mothers Day weekend this little chap will be making his grand entrance into the world. I initially was resistant to the idea of an induction, but seeing as I can't bend, can barely breath, and have trouble fitting into bathroom stalls, and the ever looming fear I may give birth in the back of a taxi cab--I don't care. We're excited to finally meet him. Anyway, just thought I'd share my good news. Peace.

11 comments:

KatieC said...

I remember that song...because you used to sing it all the time. I thought you made it up. Did you?

So you are being induce how long before the due date? My math is terrible.

Oh, and I got my book in the mail today. I will be so happy to read it. Until two days ago, I have been reading a book called "Twilight", which was given to me by a friend who asked me to try and come to her book club here in town. She already let me know that one of our other friends who studied English in college doesn't like "that kind of book" because it isn't "literature". Well, she was right. She could have easily called it tripe. It is about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire teen...you can guess the rest. But wait, you crazy teen-Disney types might actually like it.

Cathryn said...

Congratulations! Although, I think from the picture that you are a very cute pregnant person. Is Mother's Day weekend this weekend or next? Is it too late to get a gift? We just went to Ryan's brother's wedding yesterday (on Erin's anniversary). It was so nice, and I got to meet the rest of the family. Also, we got to field the "Are you taking notes?" question about a billion times.

Erin said...

Hmm...maybe I did make it up. Who knows where the stuff floating around in my brain comes from.

I'm being induced about a week early purely for convenience purposes. Normally, I wouldn't even consider an induction, but under the circumstances (i.e. we're getting kicked out of our apartment at the end of the month)I have reconsidered. I'm secretly hoping I'll go into labor right before my induction date. Rumor has it there is a "magical tee-ter-totter" (is that how you spell it?) on 123rd street that has sent half of our ward into labor. I'm not above trying it out. ;)

Just to clarify- I like teenybopper movies, but am much pickier with my literature. Infact, my mantra is, if it's not Tolstoy it's crap.

Cathy-thanks for saying I'm a cute pregnant person...I don't feel too cute these days. My face feels all puffy. Good to hear you had a good time at Ryan's brothers wedding. Where did they get hitched? Are you in Utah yet?
I got your wedding announcement the other day. Very cute. I must say, that is some quality paper you used. It took all the strength my index finger could muster to open the envelope.

KatieC said...

You really are cute. I felt puffy when I was pregnant...I WAS puffy when I was pregnant...but I think people can't see "puffiness", they just see cute. Are your feet swollen? My circulation got so bad, that by the end of 3 hours of church, my feet were four times their normal size and turning blue...gross. I couldn't wear shoes, I had to wear my sandals stretched to their largest buckle and even then, it was strangling my huge feet. ;)

So you are moving at the end of May? Would you rather have baby gifts sent to you after the move so you have less extra stuff to pack?

Cathryn said...

The wedding was in the SL Temple, and I have been in Utah since April 26th (except for the past three days when we took Ryan to the cabin). I'm glad you got the announcement, I thought of sending the additional temple and luncheon invites with yours as an honorary gesture and so you wouldn't feel left out, but practicalities got the best of me.
Katie, after Erin's clarification on her book snobbery, I reread your comment and was first tempted to think it below the belt. Then I thought, "I am a person who still would read Sweet Valley Twins if I got the chance--perhaps she has a point." As for the book, I finished it and it was pretty enjoyable. Actually, it was sort of a blur because I read the whole thing either on the airplane or the next morning. Comparing this 24-hour read against the 3 weeks it took me to listen to another book of this series on tape really makes the stories kind of fuzzy in my brain. I won't comment more until everyone has read it--I don't want to slip in a plot-spoiler on accident.

Erin said...

Katie- I officially become an ex-New Yorker on May 28th. We'll be in CA after that until the end of July when we finally move to Las Vegas. I'd love it to have things sent to my mum's house, but don't feel obligated. Email me if you'd like the address.

Cathy- glad to see your back and blogging. How'd Ryan like his inaugural visit to the cabin? Did he know he was marrying into vacation spots? Lucky him. I think spiky hair Steve would have married you for the jet skiis if you would have let him. :)
Phil informed me the other day that since I was getting induced 3 days before your wedding I could still concievably make it. I thought about it for a while, and then realized it was probably not the wisest thing to do. :) But I'll be thinking of you. Make sure you blog before you take off on your honeymoon. :) "JK"

Cathryn said...

Erin, you could totally make the wedding! However, I do understand if the sore birthing muscles might inhibit you a little bit, also I also recognize that besides giving birth, the rest of your life is undergoing crazy changes (such as a cross-country move). Just know that I will dearly miss you, but I'm glad that everything in your own family is going so great right now.
Ryan did enjoy his inaugural cabin trip. I'm trying to acquaint him with all the "perks" in my family so that hopefully he can be persuaded to settle in the west once school is done.

Cathryn said...

As an addendum: You will all be proud to know that at the cabin I won our friendly family Scrabble game for the first time ever! I actually don't think that I have ever won at Scrabble before. The key is being resigned to lose and not caring, then taking advantage of another player's "x" and spelling "pax" over a triple word score.

Erin said...

Congrats on the Scrabble dictionary. Make sure you make note of it in your journal, so your great-great-great grandkids can put it in your obituary. "Cathy, loving mother, wife, friend, and scrabble champion". These are the things that matter my friend.
I played speed scrabble the other day (with a chess clock). I totally sucked it up. I was so concerned about finding a word fast my strategy went out the window. It's all about the triple word scores.
So what are you doing over this next week and a half?

Cathryn said...

We're just hanging out until the wedding and taking care of errands. Basically, I try on lingerie and model it for Ryan so that he can decide if he likes it or not. Just kidding--but I have been trying it on and not modeling it for him. We're going to get our marriage licence sometime in the near future. Today we are going to look at new bridesmaid tops. Yes, the debacle continues. My mom bought skirts and shirts without my consent. They are cute, but the shirts are white. I don't want white shirts because then they just blend in with the bride (me) and I won't stand out. Plus, the shirts are white and I think everyone might need to find a camisole for it, which might look weird underneath. Argh, it's a testy subject right now if you can't tell. My mom asks my opinion and then gets huffy when I don't agree or like something.
I hope you're doing well. I can't imagine the stress of moving compounded with pregnancy hormones. You're great.

carol said...

My mom has bad taste too. So I can totally relate. When I was 10 my mom thought it would be cute to cut my hair like a BOY (I'll post a picture later), and I remember for my 12th b-day getting a shirt with a very large poodle in the middle of it. That was the last time I let my mom pick out anything for me.

So when it comes to wedding plans in my family, my mom backs up and in steps my seven sisters. That must be why I have so many.