Dean is now almost 7 weeks old and I'm starting to get stir crazy. I find myself actually anticipating and encouraging nap time, so I can get something done. There were a few days last week when I didn't leave the nursing-burping-rocking chair for hours...talk about insanity. Actually, I love spending time with him, but I'm starting to feel guilty sitting and entertaining him when the dishwasher, sink, counter, stove and both tables are covered in dirty dishes...leaving nothing to eat on. Consequently, I haven't gotten any reading done, except for one and a half articles from the National Geographic. I am considering rigging my new music stand into a reading stand, so when I am nursing, I can get some research done. I can't believe I paid over 800 dollars in tuition this semester to play with my child. What was I thinking? Well, my goal is to get to campus next week to go to the library, and of course, show off the child. Consequently, I am wondering what book we are actually reading. Are we still reading Ophelia or, since Erin is basically done, are we planning to move on? Let me know, and I will try to pick up the appropriate literature when I get to campus!
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Nap Time
Dean is now almost 7 weeks old and I'm starting to get stir crazy. I find myself actually anticipating and encouraging nap time, so I can get something done. There were a few days last week when I didn't leave the nursing-burping-rocking chair for hours...talk about insanity. Actually, I love spending time with him, but I'm starting to feel guilty sitting and entertaining him when the dishwasher, sink, counter, stove and both tables are covered in dirty dishes...leaving nothing to eat on. Consequently, I haven't gotten any reading done, except for one and a half articles from the National Geographic. I am considering rigging my new music stand into a reading stand, so when I am nursing, I can get some research done. I can't believe I paid over 800 dollars in tuition this semester to play with my child. What was I thinking? Well, my goal is to get to campus next week to go to the library, and of course, show off the child. Consequently, I am wondering what book we are actually reading. Are we still reading Ophelia or, since Erin is basically done, are we planning to move on? Let me know, and I will try to pick up the appropriate literature when I get to campus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cutie Patutie baby! I remember feelin' stir crazy, especially with those winter babies. Something about the grey weather. Although, I did go back to work when Olivia was about 7 weeks old and bawled the whole way. Ironic is it not?
I'm sure once he gets on a more defined schedule it will get better.
I don't know what book we wanted to do next. I just picked up "My Name is Red" because it looked interesting. We could do that, or we could read that "Finding Amelia" book you recommended a while back. I'm good with anything. I'm also interested in reading "Good Kids, Bad Habbits" or some other health book, I can't remember the name of at the moment. But someone else can choose this time. I'm up for anything.
Cute baby! Seeing him makes me anxious to meet our little one. Only 7 weeks left! (Woo hoo)
Hey, little Dean and unborn baby Spamuel will only be three months apart and hopefully will become best friends, hopefully spending part of their infancy together in D.C. (I do not mean Spamuel meanly, on the contrary, it is a fine name--it's kind of an inside joke with Ryan and his family). My vote for the book is "American Religon" by Harold Bloom. Bloom is the sine qua non of literature and a venerable dinosaur. He still teaches at Yale and says that they will have to carry him out of there in a body bag. His remarks on Mormonism are supposed to be very complimentary.
Speaking of which...Is anyone else as excited and intrigued by the upcoming 4-hour PBS special on Mormons? Should be interesting.
Of course our kids will be best friends. And they will start a genius club.
I'm up for pretty much anything as far as our next selection goes. If anyone wants a "light" read, I started the first of James Herriot's series last semester and I want to finish it at some point. The others you mentioned all sound great, too.
Post a Comment