Sunday, April 8, 2007

If only...


If I were going to Cathy's wedding and wasn't pregnant, or puffy and were choosing something to wear, I think I'd choose this. Isn't it cute? I found this website called www.shabbyapple.com that has all sorts of cute modest dresses at fairly reasonable prices. I think I might get it anyway and have this be my motivational dress to loose the baby weight. :)

7 comments:

Cathryn said...

I love it! And, I wish you were able to wear it to my wedding. Perhaps, I'll see about installing a live web-feed just for you. I'll have it placed on top of my veil so you can get the bride's view of the whole event. How does that sound? This website! How was I not notified about it before I allowed my mother to buy 6 MATERNITY dresses for the bridesmaids that they are going to have to get altered?!! (Don't get me started on this).

Erin said...

Maternity dresses?! Hilarious!

Cathryn said...

Yeah, I don't want to talk about it. How are you feeling by the way?

Cathryn said...

p.s. I would like to comment on Erin's suggestion about hats at the wedding. I think this is a great idea. The Queen and her lackeys always wear hats and I think if there are hats at my wedding, it will show how fashionable we are (in following the dress styles of royalty) as well as a statement on our class status. I also wish that I would have bought a lovely hat to wear this Easter Sunday to church (Ryan reminded me that I should have one on Saturday). Unfortunately, I didn't even get to wear an Easter dress because it was freakin' cold in the Midwest and SNOWING in Ohio. I had to wear a lovely black plaid skirt with a turtleneck (very nice but more of a winter ensemble than a spring). Ah me, I'm trying to get all the shopping in (make-up, food, perhaps clothings) while I am still attatched the the apron strings. Heaven knows that I won't be able to afford any new clothes for at least several years after the wedding.

Erin said...

I am feeling well. Huge, but good most of the time. Only 6 weeks to go--hopefully less.

I like the hat idea, too. I've always wanted a hat, but I'm not brave enough. Maybe if I had that pink dress...hmm...

We too have been having really crappy weather. It's hard to believe it's spring. We had a warm spell last week, but then the weather turned a cruel 36 degrees. Where oh where is this global warming they keep speaking of?

KatieC said...

We are also having really cold weather. I can't get it into my head, though after those few glorious days of 80 degree weather...so I keep running around without my coat on, freezing to death, hoping the weather will take pitty on my and give me the spring again.

A hat, eh? Any ideas where I can get a cool hat and matching parasol? Actually, hats are alot easier to find around here. On Sundays, you see all these beautifully dressed older black women wearing awesome hats on their way to church. Why don't we wear hats at our church?

Erin, I'm sorry you are feeling big, I can empathize...right now. I'm stuck in one pair of jeans and sweat pants...and with the low clothing budget, it might be that way for a while. So, be happy you are still fitting cutely into your maternity clothes. :)

Cathy, is there anything else that should be done to make you feel like a royal at your wedding? A parade perhaps?

Cathryn said...

Actually, funny that you mention a parade. I don't know if I've told you guys, but my dad has been taking bagpipe lessons for the past two years. When he first started (at the age of 60) I asked him why and he responded, "Because I've always wanted to play the bagpipe." So, after diligent practice on the little pipe thing, he bought himself a genuine whole bagpipe for Christmas. He is just now learning how to get enough air into that thing. He hasn't had trouble making a sound with it (it is actually extremely piercing), but those sounds have not yet fully developed into any kind of song, melody, or discernable tone. It could add a bit of pomp and circumstance, however, to have him piping away near the guest sign-in book. What do you think? Oh yes, the city will be closed on the day of my wedding, for a holiday in my honor.