Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's been a while



Hello Friends! I didn't realize I had been gone for so long, until I logged on today and it took me an HOUR to catch up on all the blogs I missed. You have had some interesting conversations without me including funny hats, random new words, and feeling locked up in your house. I just don't want to see the word "redrum" written on your mirrors.

I've just been busy with work and watching lots of X Files. Remember freshman year watching the creepy episode about incest. Well I haven't had to watch that one again!

Glad to hear Katie is going to be at the wedding. Can't wait to see you and lil' Dean. Oh I did finish "Reviving Ophelia" a while ago. After reading the book I decided to let Jimmy start teaching me some self defense...AKA Jiu Jitsu. Today I learned how to break a guy's elbow in the "mount" position. "When in doubt mount!"

I also finished two other books since then all about finance and investing. One title reads, "Your starter guide to being a millionaire." The books say I can be a millionaire in 10 years, we'll see. Do you see what boring books I read without you!

Other news to report, I received an email from Janelle Wood (first contact I've had with her in about 4 years) and she is getting married in August! I plan on meeting up with her when I'm in Utah next month.

4 comments:

Erin said...

CaRol!! I'm so glad to see you're still alive. You've been missed. I think you and I were the only ones who read "Ophelia", so what did you think of it overall? I agreed with most of the things she said and thought she had some interesting insights.

You're back in the X-Files phase, huh? I was a total X-Files junkie in highschool. Then it got kinda weird when Scully got abducted or something.

Anyway, glad you're back!

KatieC said...

What a cool picture! Where did you take it?

So, you want to be a millionaire, eh? Ryan and I are trying to start saving, investing, all that good stuff. It's pretty complicated. Interestingly enough, it seems most investment books claim that it isn't how much you make each year that determines your wealth, but how much you don't spend. Is that what your book is telling you, too? too bad, really, because spending can be so fun. haha

Erin said...

P.S. Give us more info on Janelle. Who's she marrying etc. Does she ever see Kira? I had a weird dream about her the other night. Strange.

carol said...

Janelle details...she's engaged to a former roommate of her older bro. He had been trying to set them up for years. I guess brother knows best. She's tying the knot in August.

As for "Ophelia" it really opened my eyes to problems teen girls face. I got along pretty well growing up and don't think I understood or even realized the kind of problems surrounding me. I liked her method of getting girls to express their feelings in journals and also how she talked to her clients about how media affected the way they felt. These methods seemed to really help. I know I didn't understand the affect media had on my thinking until I was in college, and agree it would help girls if they understood this at a young age.