Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Thank You All
Thanks for everyone's kind concern with the bridesmaid-dress fiasco. I think the problem has been solved (my mom got new skirts and tops). One of Ryan's sisters emailed me and told me not to worry, just to be happy because I'm engaged. I felt that this was good advice. It's been a crazy semester and pretty stressful. I thought I would relate some of the most recent goings-on: one of my professors volunteered to be my thesis advisor, he is quite brilliant and I enjoy his classes but his criticism can be quite harsh (he told one of my friends that he hadn't seen such bad writing since kindergarten) and he likes to sleep with female students. So, firstly can my self-esteem handle such blatantness as "If you turn it in for me to read, just make sure there are no grammar mistakes." Secondly, is he going to make uncomfortable advances? (he has already put his arm around me and asked me to call him by his first name). Another adventure has occurred when I befriended a girl in my program who knew a lot about the church and I actually invited her to church, only to find out that she is the adultress who had an affair with the 2nd counselor in my branch during Fall semester and for whom he left his wife (who has remained in the branch). Yikes! Talk about the consequences of member-missionary work. Anyway, these items aren't too interesting, mainly I just felt like posting. I have left out the juicy versions of these stories because, after all, this is the internet. If anyone would like a more detailed version please feel free to email me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I always wondered about people in the midwest...your teacher sounds like Simon Cowell! Does he have a British accent?
(Whoops sorry for the comment deleted thing that was me.)
Yes, it is true. Midwesterners are very different. However, my teacher is from NY (he has a great NY accent when he reads poetry). Midwesterners are not strange like him, they are more strange like, "Hey, I got a job that pays $7/hour! Yes! I'm going to drop out of college because I have a job." Of course, this is an exaggeration, but one wonders what can possibly cause such a bad economy as the one here.
Midwesterners. I think they're smug--and judgemental. :)
Just think Cathy- what's a grad experience without a pervy professor?
Enjoyable. But not as exciting. Do you really think Midwesterners are smug? I just find them uneducated. But perhaps their smugness comes from thinking they are educated.
Post a Comment