Thursday, April 12, 2007

What I would wear

Okay, just out of curiousity, I went online in search of cool hats I would wear to Cathy's wedding if I had a bunch of money laying around that could pay for said hats. Then I had to try to find matching parasols, which was not as easy as it would seem. Well, here you are, the two outfits, I would want to buy to wear to Cathy's wedding...now for a dress...and shoes...and a matching doggie outfit...with a dog of course. Oh, yeah, I have a cute baby to dress up now, too. This could get expensive! Oh, and here is the address for the coolest awesome hat website I found... http://www.elliefinehats.com/home.htm

Drum roll...
Hat and parasol set one...

Now if only the colors matched more closely, oh well...
Here's hat and parasol set number two...

Well, what do you think? Who would even notice the dress with these hats!

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

From reading the entries in this blog, a stranger could definitely tell that Erin and Katie are isolated inside because of the cold and babies. I'm not sure what my excuse it, but I am enjoying myself all the same. The peachy hat was quite nice, but I almost prefer the classic black and white. I'm not sure about a black parasol, though, it's very funereal looking. It seems that a mother so apparelled could only hope to find some kind of white jumpsuit for her little baby, or perhaps a sailor outfit for the best aesthetic compliment. If you buy and wear one of those hats at the wedding, you will be seated in some type of prominent position. Perhaps, at the signing book.

Erin said...

I agree. I like the black one best. It's very "Pretty Woman"-esque (before you judge,I saw the edited version on TBS). The black parasol is a bit funeralish, so I was thinking a nice pair of white gloves might go nicely.

Cathryn said...

Well, I was about to judge, so I'm glad you included the caveat. But, my roommate Taryn was saying that she would watch that movie without it being edited. So, maybe we should all judge her.

KatieC said...

My middle name is judge. I just can't help myself. Friends come to me with a problem and $50 and I let them each tell their side of the story, while yelling at them and telling them how bad all of their choices are. Afterwards, they are interviewed about my verdict. Oh, wait, that's not me, that's Judge Judy.

On a completely random, but connected note, David Sedaris did a story for NPR's "This American Life" about what his life was like in Paris. He went to a flea market one day and saw Judge Judy. She was the biggest celebrity he saw in Paris...I think that's funny. Don't you...think that's funny?

Cathryn said...

Yes, that is funny. But, is the story funny or is just David Sedaris funny? I would like everyone to note that he majored in Comparative Literature at Princeton. He wrote this really great article about it in The New Yorker.