I know that I often complain about the Midwest, particularly Indiana, but I actually do love a lot of things about it out here. We are leaving in a week and I will miss it. It is incredibly beautiful and green and the following pictures do not do it justice.
This first picture is of the Sample Gates, one of the entrances to IU campus. The flowers are amazing. I love IU because the buildings are all really old and have cool designs, some of them have gargoyles on top. The student union is the biggest in the USA and inside it looks like a medieval castle with huge armchairs, couches, fireplaces, grand pianos, etc.
The next two pictures are of a Venus water fountain on campus and then some of the campus grounds between buildings. IU has one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country and there are creeks that run throughout campus, so you get to walk over cool foot bridges and on little paths through the woods to get to your different classes.
The last two pictures are of the Bloomington area. The first one is of Ryan and our friend Jamie picking blueberries. The second one is of the running trail I usually go on in the mornings, it's close enough that I can just run to it from our apartment. If anyone wants a killer (and healthy) blueberry pie recipe, or to know how my running training is coming along please let me know. I will just write this: when you and the person you are living with both leave at the same time to go running and you are gone for the same amount of time and he runs 7-8 miles while you run 3-4, it's motivating, and depressing.
Anyway, I know the pictures aren't that great, the colors here are so vibrant and the greenery and flowers are so full, I love it. Just wanted to let you know that there are a few good things about the Midwest. One last thing: I forgot to tell you how great Bloomington is. It's a small town, but it's incredibly diverse because of the university. Within about 4 square blocks you can find Thai, Afghani, Burmese, Indian, Greek, and basically any other type of restaurant that you feel like going to.
4 comments:
Oops, the pictures are in reverse order.
It is very lovely and very green. Southern California will be a big change for you guys. :) No blueberry bushes there. Doh.
No blueberries, but they do have the Ghetty!
Oh, and apparently you live in a fairy land. I guess you will feel at home near to Disney's kingdom.
College Park has...well, it has rats? Umm, and some really old airplanes. I really do like it here, though. It is always hard to move once you've made friends and found a few good restaurants. And a babysitter. But I guess that's not an issue for you yet.
Post a Comment