Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Got it!

I got the book faster this time, so hopefully, this also means it won't take me five months to read it...

The copy I have has a picture of boats sailing off the edge of the earth...which I thought was very apro po for the week in which we celebrate Columbus' re-discovery of the non-flat other side of the earth.

I must admit, I find myself rather intimidated by the length of our current choice. Any words of encouragement? I just need someone to tell me it will be worth the effort, so I can get up the energy to start it. ha ha hahaha

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

I need encouragement too! It's sooo long, I'm on page two. Also, the library copy I got is a newly revised and expanded edition. Did anybody get that one? Should I get the older edition or should we compare the two?

On a slight update: I got a job at the Dental school as a secretary and start next Thursday. Then, yesterday the classical radio station job offered me the job with them that I interviewed for over TWO months ago! I turned it down because I feel better about the dental school position (for various reasons), and I get to ride a bicycle to work everyday.

Tomorrow I am going to drive past celebrity homes with two girls in the ward.

Erin said...

I have the revised and expanded edition, too. I haven't started it, yet. I was surprised by the length as well.

KatieC said...

Should we discuss the book by chapter then? Would we be more likely to get through it, if we break it up? Anyone have an opinion?

Or maybe whoever finishes last has to buy everyone else a candy bar. Or in my case, something fat free... *sigh*

Cathryn said...

I think chapter by chapter would be good, especially because I have some beef with the first chapter already. All in favor?

Erin said...

aye.

carol said...

I'm finished with the first chapter. First, I have to say go Mormom stay-at-home moms for their honorable mention in the book, and I'm finding it odd reading a book about history and thinking to myself, "I remember when this happened." We must be getting old!

Also what do you think of people in India trying to learn the different American accents?