Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's a...


Here's a butt shot of the baby, and it looks like there's definitely something between the legs. It's a boy! Yesterday my sister, Cathe, and I had our ultrasounds done at the same time. We had 8 people crowded in the little room. Cathe found out she's having another girl, but she really wanted a boy. Her husband said they might swap the babies in the hospital. Then Jimmy said I think people will wonder why your kid is so dark.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Did you have any sort of inclination it was going to be a boy? Any names picked out yet? Jimmy II perhaps? :)

Cathryn said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you! How about Presley for a name? Or, maybe you should scramble your and Jimmy's letters from your names together and make something new. Macmilory.

KatieC said...

Ha ha hahahaha. I love it! Macmilory it is! I mean, we do get to vote, right? Right, Carol?

Boys are fun, fun, fun. Although it is much harder to find cute baby boy clothes. Why is this? Although, I saw a cute shirt at Target with a cartoon boy flexing his biceps and the words "welcome to the big show". I think that's a keeper.

carol said...

Katie, I think only your kid could wear that shirt. I already have the name picked out, Darren. I figure it's simple but not really that popular. Then Jimmy wants to give him the middle name James and call him D.J. In that case we could also give him Jensen as a middle name.

So the debate begins will his middle name be after me or dad-to-be?

Cathryn said...

Ooh, that is certainly a serious dilemma. You should wait until you're in serious labor to make the decision. Chances are (if the discussion happens before the epidural) he'll feel so bad for you that he'll let you win. I like Darren, for exactly the reasons that you mentioned.

KatieC said...

Darren is good. It is definitely under-used. We both have a tradition in our family to name first sons with the father's name as the middle name, so that made the decision a little easier... but not a lot.

Erin said...

Darren sounds nice and it rhymes with Erin, so I like it. Good luck with the middle name--that was the tricky part for us.

carol said...

Yes I'm sure subconsciously I was really just thinking of you, when we decided on the name.