Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hello I just purchased a new video camera. It's one of those things I can justify buying "for the baby" but really it's for me! Here's my first video with a little tour of the flat land around Texas and some bowling. This song is Jimmy's new favorite song, a band from Austin. Maybe he'll slowly get more into Texas music and start listening to Country...yee haw Asian Cowboy.

6 comments:

Erin said...

That's awesome. You were always quite good with the camera. I seem to remember making movies with your video camera back in the M.Smith days.

Erin said...

P.S. Love the song. What's the bands name?

Cathryn said...

Yeah, it was a pretty great short film. Has anyone ever told you that you should go into broadcast journalism? It's still so amazing to me that you can put movies on the internet!

carol said...

The band is Spoon...they are great!

KatieC said...

Carol, you are awesome. It makes me homesick for you...or whatever you get for people far away. I love the images of the flat Texas cityscape. There is something terribly refreshing about miles and miles of open parking spaces... sigh.

Sorry about my long absence from the blog. I was in the middle of the book when Carol posted and mentioned spoilers in her post. I was afraid, very afraid of spoiling it for myself, so I hid from the blog until I finished.

By the way, I finished. It was good. My one short comment: I was surprised that he chose to write almost all of the letters from the perspective of women on the island. Are women inherently more prone to writing letters or something?

KatieC said...

Also, I will read anything. And I definitely think you should do the touristy thing and try to get near the carpet. And I will watch for your face in the background of the worst and best dressed photos next week. :)

Oh, and Cathy, you NEED to go to Target. They are selling "Office" supplies, like stress balls in the shape of Dwight's head. If you don't have access to a Target, let me know and I will help you out.