Yello, all you loyal readers...
Well, I've been waiting to post because I wanted to add some pictures, but the reality of that happening is slim and distant and my leisure time at work (for now) is ample. Work started last week, I'm officially a Receptionist! Wahoo! Actually, I really like the people I work with and they keep the office amusing, despite some mundane work. Also a bonus, I get to answer the phone like Pam in the Office and say, "Hello, Academic Affairs". Overall, it's nice to be busy while Ryan is in school and it's doubly nice to have more income (as soon as I get my first paycheck), it's triply exciting to get health insurance for me, quadruply exciting to have half-off tuition for Ryan, and quintuply exciting to have the opportunity to audit, or take for credit, any courses I want (I'm thinking of sitting in on some Comp. lit or music courses next semester).
In the news: Our car got broken into a week ago (at the early hour of 8 pm --note the audacity of the criminals around here). The window was broken in, but there was a witness that ran and knocked on our neighbor's door, who in turn got us and phoned the police. Nothing was missing, but the police think they might have been interested in actually stealing the car itself rather than my Barry Manilow CDs.
I bought a used beach cruiser bicycle so that I can cycle myself to work everyday. I love it so far! Before work started I would ride to the post office, library, or a friend's house, enjoying the opportunity to get fresh air while being able to out-pedal any on-foot harrasser. Now it is nice to be able to leave the car at home (despite the robber-infestation) and get fresh air and exercise on my way to being financially productive.
Finally, I have recently upped the ante on my running trainings, including intervals and barefoot running. It's awesome--and actually helping me drop those 5 pounds that any car trip across the country will put on your gut. It's actually put a new life in my old running habits. At the invitation of Erin, Ryan and I are going out to Lost Wages for a Santa 5k run, so now we have something to work for, wahoo!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so excited for the race! Sorry to hear your car was broken into. It's so annoying. :(
Yeah, it felt so invasive! Actually, after we got the car back, I think we might have actually saved money by having it broken into. There was no deductible and it included a rental car, which was a Mazda 3 (so way lower gas mileage), and the car repair not only fixed the window but cleaned and detailed the inside and outside of the car! I've been wanting to wash that car forever and haven't wanted to pay for it.
Ha ha! Well, I feel your pain. One of my neighbors had his apartment robbed at 11:00 in the morning. They took a crow bar to his metal door to get in... talk about damage. The funny thing is that they couldn't unfasten his giant flat screen from the wall, so they left with his old crappy television. Criminals are dumb.
It was really disturbing, though, because I was home the whole time on the opposite end of the building. I can't believe how unsafe I feel now.
I'm glad that your love for "The Office" can now play out in real life. It will probably come in handy. You can use some of the pranks (like stealing the cell phone and hiding it in the ceiling) on your coworkers should they get annoying. :)
That would be sooo disturbing to have been there the whole time! I definitely felt less safe after this happened, and it was only our car. I can't imagine if it had happened in our building to our neighbors.
Yeah, we live in the ghetto. Washington, DC looks all nice and shiny from the outside, but inside it's rotten to the core!!! I stole this phrase from a movie trailer. Actually, I didn't, but it would be a good movie trailer phrase. In fact, we could probably take the city name of any of the places we are all currently living in and substitute it for Washington, DC.
How did we all end up in the ghetto? Actually, Carol probably lives in a decent neighborhood, right? What about you Mary, any brushes with the criminal underworld of London lately?
Living in the ghetto builds character, and street cred. Yo!
Post a Comment