Friday, October 19, 2007

As promised...

A few months ago, I told Mary, I would cut my hair and join the poofy/frizzy hair club. As promised, I cut my locks for donation yesterday and all that was left was a bunch of frizzy and poofy hair. I got it cut by my old roommate Yanni, who lives nearby in Virginia. (I think most of you remember Yanni, she married Jared Callister...) Anywho, she did a FANTASTIC job.


This haircut feels like an initiation into a young mother's club or something. Looking in the mirror, I think I look five years older. At the same time, I feel like a young Tina Turner. Just call me "Funky Fresh".
By the way, did I mention that I love my mac with a built in camera...

9 comments:

Erin said...

I like it!

Erin said...

P.S. Anyone else see Jared's dad speak in General Conference?...at least I assume it was him. I remember he was a member of the Seventy.

P.S.S. I really like the hair.

KatieC said...

It was actually his uncle. His dad's name is Tad. Still cool, though. Oh, and apparently, they didn't even know he was going to talk until he got up there. ;)

Cathryn said...

I like it too; the second picture especially looks like Miss What's Love Got To Do With It.

Is Jared done with law school? Do they have any kids? I remember Yanni, she is so cute.

carol said...

Cute hair...hey I'm joining the mac club this week too. I'm getting one for my b-day. Now we can sit around and be like those crazy obsessed mac fans who always talk about how "great" their macs are!

Jared & Yani have a baby named Norah Jane...I couldn't help but think of the singer Norah Jones when I heard.

Erin said...

His uncle. Got it. I could still see the family resemblance.
All you mac people are making me jealous. We have three mostly working computers. I want to consolidate and get one super mac and be cool like you guys. :)
Happy Birthday Carol and Cathy!!!! What are you each doing to celebrate besides buying a mac? I mean, I know nothing can top the Bin Laden party we had, but I'm sure you can think of something almost as great. :)

Cathryn said...

We are buying season passes to Universal Studios and going tonight! Hooray! Actually, the season pass is only like $20 more than the student-discount day pass that you can buy on campus, so it's a super good deal. Plus, they are good until January 2008. So, a little fun for us. Other than that, I told Ryan that I would like a birthday cake.

Nothing can ever and will ever top the bin Laden party, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming.

Congrats Katie and Carol on their great computer choices. Erin, of course, is just biding her time.

Mary said...

Katie! You look fabulous! FABULOUS! Way to be a woman. Way to give to charity. Way to look like Tina Turner. And way to be natural. You didn't even have to put any chemicals in your hair.

Mary said...

I am typing this on my macbook, which is very attractive but which I still don't know entirely how to use properly.