Sunday, November 25, 2007

I Gave Up.

Well, I gave up for now anyway...

The library recalled my copy of our book, so this means I am not reading it. I also got gently chastised by my adviser last week about maybe reading some more things that might possibly get me a little tiny bit closer to my goal of finally finishing my degree. Hmmm... He has a point.

So, I apologize for not posting deliriously intelligent comments about our guide to globalization. Instead, I am reading about the political history of Mozambique (one of the authors lectures at LSE, Mary!). Please forgive me. I feel like a traitor.

The fact is, I'm a slow reader. And if I'm going to get any reading done for school, I've got to focus for long enough to get through this first batch. I hope I will not be blacklisted, if I say I don't think I'm going to make it through this book. I just don't have it in me to get another copy and read all six hundred thousand pages of tiny print and overblown ideas.

Again, I beg your forgiveness. And if it will help the conversation keep rolling, I will still respond to the book discussion, even though I have no idea what you are really talking about.

Also, here is a picture of Dean. This is what many, if not most, of our current photos of Dean look like. He likes the camera alot and before we can get a shot, he attacks. He is like baby lightning. He is a photo ninja. It's like trying to get a shot of bigfoot, only he's more like littlefoot or bigbootie or something like that.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I gave up last week. Shall we call it a loss?

Cathryn said...

I want to give up too. I say we bag it, though I hate this dumb author for having got the better of me. But really, how are we supposed to waddle through a muck of cliches "in the twinkling of an eye" (p.91) variety without wanting to stab our eyes out?

Katie, you should not feel badly and you are not blacklisted.

carol said...

I think I rechecked this out of the library 4 times. I will say I did almost finish it, only 100 pages left. But it really was too long a book.

The 10 reasons why the world is flat was grueling to get through, but then it started to pick up a little. But I've really lost interest in the book. Now I'm back to my pregnancy books, and am getting to the good parts labor and delivery :(