Hello All,
Well here's a picture of Cathy and I from Christmas. So glad we got to see you and Ryan! We're still laughing about the Joseph Smith Birthday Celebration you were going to have. Did Ryan end up shaving the beard when you went to Indiana? If so you'll have to post some pics.
In other news I procured a used Bond book and discovered I bought a gem, because when I opened the front cover it was a signed copy from the author addressed to one of his friends. Hmmm, must have been a real nice friend who later went and sold the book to a used bookstore for a couple of bucks.
5 comments:
Hooray! Proof that Carol and I got together last month! It was so fun to see Carol and Jimmy - I like when my friends get to know Ryan a little better. Darren was this cutest little roly poly that ever was. I think he looks like a little buddha. He was also a sweet cuddler as well.
Ryan kept his beard in Indiana (he needs the facial protection for those cold Midwest winters) but we got it shaved almost immediately when we came home.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures because I lost my camera at Universal Studios :(. However, we got him an appointment at this barbershop called "The Perfect Shave." Barbershop may be the wrong word to describe this place - basically they sold high-end, luxury shaving equipment and had a professional shaver there. Ryan got the "Royal Shave" which included four hot towels, some facial mud, and of course a shave with the traditional straight razor.
It was AWESOME! After the straight razor the guy went over his face again with a Gillette. The combination of razors created the smoothest shave Ryan has ever had. He honestly looked like he was back in high school, his skin was so soft, you couldn't feel any bristles! It was a great experience and already Ryan has heartily recommended it to every guy at church. He strongly believes that every guy should experience that feeling at least once in their life.
The gay guy working at the counter was extremely impressed as well. He kept saying, "Wow, you look so good! I mean, the other guy with a full beard who came in today looked good but you look sooo good. There's no comparison, you look amazing!" Since this was not the first time that Ryan has been "complimented" by a gay man we took it in stride and left smiling.
Ryan's new goal for the year is to look more put together. Basically this means that he will wear his exact same clothes but he will try to shave every day and attend to his hair with regular cuts.
I have the BONDS book and need to start reading it. To be honest, I'm a little scared that it will become our next "World Is Flat" disaster - but people keep telling me how good it is and my mom quotes it to me regularly.
Wow, you guys look fun! I miss you!
I didn't know Ryan had managed to become a mountain man in the middle of the steaming metropolis. It doesn't surprise me too much, though. Law school sucks away a lot of time from everything else.
The Royal Shave sounds fun. I wonder if they have a similar treatment somewhere for legs...?
That's great Ryan got to experience the Royal treatment, and didn't get his throat sliced open from the straight razor!
I hope he doesn't take his goal of looking more put together in 2009 to the next level and become all metro. What next pedicures and manicures?
I think Ryan draws the line at mani-pedis, though I do think he would actually enjoy them. I think most males would enjoy them if they weren't so embarrassed about it.
By the way, the Joseph Smith birthday party was fantastic. I made the first match of the game and won a dollar store gumball machine, which I promptly gave to the missionaries who were there that night.
We had delicious Sloppy JOES for dinner, and of course the favorite Golden Plates cake. A long rendition of "Praise to the Man" was also sung.
Ah fun! Wish I could have been there. We should plan a reunion of sorts some time. Maybe the year we all turn 30?! Gack! :)
P.S. Ryan looks like the unibomber and or Joaquine Pheonix the musician.
awesome.
As for Bonds...I'm still working on getting myself a copy. I'll have it read by the end of February, though...at least that's my goal.
Post a Comment