Bonds That Make Us Free by Terry C. Warner
Peace in Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Thich Nhat Hanh
Night by Elie Weisel
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Do any of these sound interesting to anyone else? I think I might start with Peace in Every Step.
In other news, how is everyone?
Carol- how was the big hurricane?
Katie- what is the latest research in the national anthem of Mozambique? Any new discoveries?
Cathy- how does it feel to be queen of the harpies?
Mary- where are you?
6 comments:
I haven't checked this blog for weeks, but I must have felt the vibe that you wrote on it today, because here I am.
We are waiting for our house to get done, and are crashing at my parents' pad for a month or two. It's not so bad, the best part is convenient free babysitting.
I started to read the Narnia series but had to pack up my books when I moved. So I'll check out your list and let you know what I think. Have a great weekend!
Wait, you're building a house?!! That's awesome, congratulations!!! I'm up for anything. Right now I'm in the middle of "The Betrothed" by Alessandro Manzoni, it's from the Romanticism period. It's a really fun read. I also started reading "The American Religion" by Harold Bloom, I haven't had as much time for it but it has some very interesting ideas. My mom is always talking about the "Bonds That Make Us Free" book. In fact, she and my sister colloquially call it "Bonds" now.aas really good was "Midwives."
I was happy to see your post, Erin. This blog is dying on the vine and needs some TLC.
Wait, you're building a house?!! That's awesome, congratulations!!! I'm up for anything. Right now I'm in the middle of "The Betrothed" by Alessandro Manzoni, it's from the Romanticism period. It's a really fun read. I also started reading "The American Religion" by Harold Bloom, I haven't had as much time for it but it has some very interesting ideas. My mom is always talking about the "Bonds That Make Us Free" book. In fact, she and my sister colloquially call it "Bonds" now.aas really good was "Midwives."
I was happy to see your post, Erin. This blog is dying on the vine and needs some TLC.
Blast! I don't know how I keep posting my comments twice on these blogs! What am I doing wrong?
House, what? Carol explain! I need to call you.
Why don't we read "Bonds that make us free" book. I can be a bit skeptical of church books, but I've seen many good reviews of this one. I don't think we've done a religious book yet so this might be good.
Carol--keep us updated!
Bonds sounds good, I'll look into getting it this weekend.
We're building a house pretty close to where my apartment was. It's a good location, 15 minutes to Jimmy's work and 15 minutes to my parent's place. It's scheduled to be done Nov 15.
We're excited to get out of apartment living. Hey you know if you move to Texas you too could get a house, the market here to buy a place is great. Any takers?
Post a Comment