I've been a little embarrassed by my latest read. But the peer pressure finally got the best of me. Everytime I am around LDS women I always hear, "Did you read it, oh my GOSH it is the best book ever!!!." You know the book I'm talking about...TWILIGHT.
So after being left out of conversations after trying to explain to the women how I'm too cool to read Twilight I finally read it last month. It was a page turner but just entertaining. I would compare it to Harry Potter but Potter is better. I think all the ladies love this book because of the descriptions of Edward. He eyes were...perfect, his face was...perfect, his body was...perfect. I even looked at the first chapter of the second book and said if she is still using the word perfect I'm going to laugh. She did.
So as I've starting my blog stalking for the day, all I can read about is how the new book came out. I'm sure I'll go see the movie based on book but I don't think I'll be reading the sequels.
However I did just finish the Clarence Thomas autobiography and enjoyed it a lot. That was a good book. I know I saw it as one of Erin's books on her blog once.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also have read Twilight and kinda had the same thought. It's mind candy. She's kinda like the mom version of Grisham or Dan Brown. Knows how to create a page turner with a lot of literary parlor tricks. That being said, I liked it. I haven't read any of the others yet and I don't really have any desire to because I'm afraid I'll actually really like them and then start stalking/blogging about them. And I can't have that, can I?
I'm glad you liked the Clarence Thomas book! I really enjoyed reading about his life story and felt like I understood a bit more where he was coming from with his judicial philosophy.
I'm glad you started posting to this blog again. I've been meaning to do a book review on a couple of my latest reads. I'll try and do it this week sometime. I just finished "The Memory Keepers Daughter" and "There is no me without you". Both of which I would highly recommend. I'll write more later.
Ooo, I can't keep from hearing about Twilight either! I think I am going to borrow it from a girl in my ward just because everyone talks about it. I'm expecting to have your same reactions. My mother-in-law wrote me an email about how all the young wives in her ward love it and talk about it and she was pretty tickled to hear that I hadn't read it yet. We were over at my inactive sister-in-law's tonight and she admitted that while she was home visiting Ohio last month that she read her mom's copy! There is no escaping! Perezhilton even had an entry about the Twilight trailer and Newsweek had an article about how Twilight is allowing moms and daughters who read it together to talk about premarital sex.
I was thinking how our little blog has died a little. Maybe tomorrow during work I will post on my latest two reads: The Count of Monte Cristo and Peony in Love.
Post a Comment