Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ummm... help? Anyone???

So, I'm completely out of the loop. Mostly, because I haven't looked at this blog for like a year... or maybe a month. Northanger Abbey sounds great (although don't watch the old BBC adaptation, it is FREAK-E). I'll try my best to get a copy and actually read some of it.

I'm taking my language exam tomorrow, which I have not yet studied for. This is because I've been trying desperately (or desperately trying to avoid) catching up with my overdue schoolwork.

I had my gall bladder out (FINALLY) on the 17th, which made me feel like serious trash for about a week. I'm feeling a ton better, but still really tired. It was amazing last night to realize that I didn't have to make a separate bowl of popcorn for myself... I could put butter on it. Wow. I never thought that would feel so good. Especially since I am looking like a scary waif right now. I'm avoiding low collared shirts so my ward won't ask me if I have an eating disorder. I'm afraid of having to explain to them that a doctor-ordered diet doesn't technically count. ha ha

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to make myself read faster? And write faster? At this point, I'm just trying to keep calm by repeating to myself how all of this doesn't really matter in the long run and I'll get through my last class just like I have gotten through all the others...

I do apologize for being a bad friend and not writing or talking to any of you forever. I miss you all terribly! I hope you are all enjoying the spring weather in your different hot spots. After we all finish Northanger Abbey, I think we should all watch the new Masterpiece Theatre adaptation (which I have not yet seen) and discuss that as well. Any takers?

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

YIKES!! Gallbladder out?!! I had no idea you weren't feeling well. Sudden weight loss? Yes, you haven't blogged in a while. Actually... gallbladder seems to be floating like a speck of dust somewhere back in my memory. Well, I hope you're feeling better. I just finished Northanger Abbey, I think it would be fun to watch the new version.

Erin said...

Ooo...yuck. Sorry (and Congratulations?) on the removal of your gall bladder. Did they let you see it? I'm glad that you'll be able to eat like a normal person again. :)

I like the movie idea. Let's do it! We can all watch it and eat buttered popcorn and think of you.

Good luck with your classes. You can totally do this, you stud mama! Have you thought of taking a speed reading course? Some people swear by it.

Can't wait to hang out with you this fall!

P.S. You should post pictures of Dean, 'cos he's cute.

carol said...

I know nothing about speed reading, sorry. And hope you recover well from the surgery. Who needs a gallbladder anyways, it's just one of those useless organs.

I also finished Northanger Abby last week, because I knew once I started working I would have no time. I temporarily went back to work on Wed. while Jimmy's continues interviewing for a new job. I'm just working until he finds something new. He has a 3rd interview with a company tomorrow so maybe I won't have to work much longer.

KatieC said...

Thanks for your condolences/congratulations. It was a harrowing experience, actually, but it was super short altogether. I think I was feeling better after a week, which is saying something for surgery.

Carol, I'm sorry to find out that you have to go back to work. Working is no fun, that's why we let the men do it. They like things that are no fun, right? ha ha ha Actually, that is why I'm so grateful that my husband is actually willing to work--I certainly don't want to anymore. :) Are you going to be working at the same place?

Erin said...

I had to go back to work after I had Olivia. I think I cried the whole way there because I was "hormonal". It sucks. But money is good.

Good luck at work, and good luck to the Jimmy!

P.S. I think you should post pictures of your baby, too. Cos he's cute.

KatieC said...

I second that. Pictures of DJ!