Friday, April 18, 2008

Northanger Abbey


Begin! I am two pages into the book and wanted to remind all you readers out there to jump into your summer reading :).

4 comments:

carol said...

I started the book last week. I thought the first paragraph was the typical set up for a Jane Austen book, "Her situation in life, her father and mother, her own disposition were all against her." The main character in this description sounds similar to a lot of Jane Austen's other heroines.

Remember that Jane Austen what character are you quiz Mary had on her blog. I'll see if I can find the link I'm curious who I would be.

Erin said...

I just got the book today...I get started tonight!

Where is Mary, by the way? Anyone not locked out of her blog?

Cathryn said...

Mary is alive and well in London. I am still locked out... I think there was a stalker problem. She has a new blog marysongblog.blogspot.com (I think). No commentaries, just videos of her songs.

carol said...

I went to her song website, it's fun to hear her voice and listen to her clever lyrics.