Friday, February 8, 2008

He's Here



Well I shouldn't have been surprised after a day of work, a doctor appointment, dinner plans, and a broadway play I found my water breaking as I approached my front door midnight Monday. Darren James was born at 12:17 pm Tuesday, 6 lbs 18.5 inches. Just a little guy for a little girl. We got home from the hospital  late yesterday and are doing good.  I'll try to get a picture where he's not sleeping but that's all he does :) If only it stayed that easy. Talk to you soon. 

4 comments:

KatieC said...

Yay!!!!! He is so cute and tiny! He is literally about 2/3rds the size of Dean weight-wise, but only like an inch shorter. That's a long skinny baby. You can't tell by looking at his face, though, he is all chubby and cute.

I'm glad you are already home and feeling pretty good. Hopefully, with such a long skinny boy, your recovery time won't be too long...

If you get really bored feeding him at 5 in the morning, just remember that it is 7 here, and I'm already wide awake and rolling around on the floor. Give me a call, and I'll tell you jokes.

Erin said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! I agree, he is a handsome little guy. How did the labor/delivery go? You'll have to give us the run down when you have time. And do post more pictures.

Good job, mama! Give Jimmy our congrats as well.

Cathryn said...

You guys both look so great! He is adorable! I'm so glad that it all went well; I was so excited when I opened up this page and the pictures were up. Whoohoo! I see that the middle name James won out over Jensen... we'll see who the little guys loves more, though! :)

Mary said...

I'm a tad slow on the uptake, but congratulations Carol!

You look pretty for just giving birth. Oh babies.