Our road trip out to Ohio went by uneventfully except for nearly dying in a rainstorm while driving through Nebraska. I'm not sure what weather is like on the East coast but when the Midwest gets a rainstorm, it really gets a rainstorm, and this happens usually about once a week. Heavy rainstorms in the Midwest are usually caused by lurking tornadoes, as was with the case in Nebraska, there was a tornado to the south of us. Pretty much it was like having someone standing on top of your car and holding a fire hose at full blast over the windshield. You can barely see the road ahead of you at all. It was crazy and a little scary.
In Ohio we went with my parents and Ryan's brother and sister-in-law to the Strawberry festival. It was hot but we got to see strawberry pie eating contests and eat shave ice. The little town really gets into it, as you can see from the picture, they dyed the fountain red just for the occasion. After we left the town they got rained out by another Midwest storm and lightening actually struck a tree and injured three people.
The open house in Ohio was really nice. Ryan's best friend couldn't make it to the wedding so he and his wife drove in from D.C. and I got to meet them for the first time. There was lost of delicious food including this amazing seven-layer dip that is unlike any other seven-layer dip that I have ever tasted. What do you think of the tuxedo t-shirts? And now the traveling has stopped for about two months as we settle into small-town Indiana life. Coming soon: pictures from the Branch cardboard boat regatta this Saturday.
6 comments:
Love the tuxedo shirt, I'm surprised you didn't veto the idea of Ryan wearing it :) Have fun settling into your own place.
Well, I wouldn't say that it was my idea but when it came apparent that this was happening (his brother wanted to do it and his mom went out and bought him a shirt). I decided that this open house was really their deal and I would do whatever. Personally I would have liked to get one more wear out of my dress.
Oops, that last post was me, I didn't realize that Ryan was logged in.
Yeah, wearing the wedding dress is pretty fun. I miss having opportunities to dress up. Even more, I miss the ability to take the time to actually get lookin' nice. I've gotten into a habit of showering Saturday night, then rolling out of bed and into my dress on Sundays...how nice would it be to wear nail polish or comb my hair?
Hey, I've been doing that for that last couple of years (my last two years at BYU I had 9 am or 8:30 church). It was such a great feeling then to roll out of bed 20 minutes before church started while my other roommates had been up for a while getting ready.
Yeah, we've got 9am church now. So Ryan and I get up at about 6am, I feed the baby, while he gets dressed. He leaves for meetings at about 6:30am, I sometimes get a half hour nap before we leave at 8:30...ahh, I can't wait for the days of afternoon church.
Post a Comment