Thursday, February 15, 2007

What's the news?

Has anyone heard from Katie C? Did the baby come out fine, or...is it still (gulp) in there? (that would be uncomfortable). Well, I survived the horrible winter storm that was bombarding the Midwest but has now thankfully moved onto the East coast. It was crazy, I've never seen an ice-storm before. This morning I couldn't get my car door open. I've been told to pour hot water on the cracks to melt the ice because if you pull it too hard then the rubber becomes unsealed. Anyway, nothing worked and I began to panic, "How can I start my car for it to warm up and melt the ice on the outside of it, if I can't even get inside my car?" Well, after the third hot water attempt, I tried opening the very back, and it opened like a charm. Well, I just crawled right up to the front and start the car. Then, since the door still wouldn't open even from the inside, I crawled back out the back and went inside to finish my breakfast. Fifteen minutes later, I crawled up through the back again and finally, I could get the driver's side door open from the inside. Whew. On other notes, I started birth control so approach with caution, I might be hormonal. Actually, I've been feeling great, maybe even better than normal, which makes me wonder--how was I before?

2 comments:

Erin said...

I talked to Katie about a week ago, and as of then the baby was still snuggly inside. I've been wanting to call/text/email her but I don't want to be the person that keeps asking "Is he out yet?" when she's a week over due, and probably uncomfortable and anxious anyway. When I talked to her last she promised to keep us posted when he arrived, so I'm holding her to that. I don't imagine they'll let her go much longer if he isn't here already.
Cathy- congrats on the birth control. It does wonders for ones complexion. Enjoy. Glad to hear you weren't too traumatized by your dr.s visit. That's crazy all the weather you have been having. NYC was able to avoid most of it...or at least I was. Olivia and I are in CA now, and left just hours before the storm hit. How's that for timing? So now we are enjoying the sunny 70 degree weather good 'ol Brentwood has to offer. It's lovely, and I don't have to worry about dying of carbon monoxide poisioning while trying to unstick my frozen car door. :) Hope the weather starts to clear up for you, Cathy.
I started the book. I am now acutely aware of the sexism that infects our everyday life. I'll post more later... start reading everyone. ;)

carol said...

I found I felt better on the pill. My cramps were a lot milder, because before I would get sick and pop ibuprofen all day. But everyone reacts differently. I saw a friend from high school and she put on like 20 pounds, and blamed the pill for the weight gain. Who knows?