Saturday, December 2, 2006

Yello!


Thinking of books: Well, I saw the PRESTIGE a couple of weeks ago and it was crazy! Then I was in the bookstore and saw the book, which looks even crazier! So, if we're interested in a dark, slightly morbid book, that would be my vote. However, on the lighter side of things, ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAITENANCE, THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST, anything out of the AMELIA PEABODY series by Elizabeth Peters, basically anything that isn't too literary (I need a break as well). I don't know if I have the heart to read Beowulf (on Katie's list) over Christmas, but it could actually be fun because epic is one of my favorite genres and I'm sure I could provide some great discourses, powerpoints, etc. for everyone's enlightenment.

2 comments:

carol said...

Here's my book recommendations. I vote for Poisonwood Bible or Emelia Earhart, and add to the list The Christmas Box by Richard Evans (an LDS author). It's a popular Christmas book, so maybe you've already read it. Let me know.

Cathryn said...

I am great with either Poisonwood or Ameila Earhart. Hey, this is the first time I've read the comments! I didn't know that they existed and I was trying to find out who invited Katie C. until I read Carol and Erin's comments from a month ago.