Believe it or not, I've been mulling over our theme and books all summer. It's a lot of pressure to choose reading/subject matter for smart people like yourselves. And, there are so many directions to go! I've always be the queen of indecisive land and this was no different.
So for our first book I chose Viktor Frankels "Mans Search for Meaning". Have you read it yet? I've only read excerpts and that was back during the college years so I'm anxious to read it with my older wiser eyes and perspective. I know the holocaust and suffering is a meaty subject and can be triggering if one in a tough place mentally or physically--so if it's too much let me know, and we'll switch to dystopian teen romance novels.
Amazon tells me it's only 184 pages, so hopefully we can finish by mid-October?
Still deciding on the focus of our study-- courage? agency? choice? could all come from this book--maybe as I read I'll have more clarity on what we can discuss. Next pick will be a different genre and topic, promise.
Happy Reading!
Amazon tells me it's only 184 pages, so hopefully we can finish by mid-October?
Still deciding on the focus of our study-- courage? agency? choice? could all come from this book--maybe as I read I'll have more clarity on what we can discuss. Next pick will be a different genre and topic, promise.
Happy Reading!
4 comments:
I've actually wanted to read this book for a long time. Good choice!
I haven't read it either but know the story. Good book for discussing endurance and attitude.
This book has been on my radar for too long without taking the plunge. Thanks for the nudge in a good direction.
Oh good! I'm glad you're all excited to read it.
Funny story- I ordered it on amazon the other day and when it arrived I set it on the table. Unbeknownst to me, Phil had been discussing this book with a running friend of his and was going to order it for him. He saw the book on the table and thought he'd ordered it and just forgot--and then he gave my book away! Luckily, the friend was a quick reader and brought it back yesterday. Now time to read. :)
Post a Comment