Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Update and stuff

So, we are answering the question, "Where are we know?"  I will answer that question literally by saying, "In front of my computer, nursing with one hand and typing with the other."  That will pretty much sum up my life at present, but to be more entertaining, I'll tell you more.

We are living in our new (to us, not to the world) house in Berwyn Heights, MD, which our town mayor claims to be the modern Mayberry.  I do love the diversity of our neighborhood--PhDs living next door to blue collar workers, living next door to students, etc.  And, I love the elementary school (most of the time).  Ryan can bike to his job as a Lecturer at the University of Maryland without having to see a stoplight, riding through our neighborhood, around the lake and right into campus.  I don't like being thousands of miles away from our next closest relative and I don't always love the amazing array of wildlife--I watched termites eat right through the wood into our stairwell this spring...argh.

Dean is now seven, Scott is five, Eve is two and Noble is already five weeks old!  They are all beautiful and fun and pay me a good, happy salary. ;) Sporting my four kids, I've been promoted to the rank of super mom in the eyes if many of my friends.  In reality, I have really well-mannered, intelligent, playful, easy kids, who make me look good.  Thanks, kids.  They do take a good deal of effort, though, and we therefore, don't do as much fun stuff as we did when there were fewer of us.  I  could also, at least partly, blame our current blasé state on my busy hubby, who had 750 students last semester, 600 this semester and is still serving as our bishop, bless his exhausted heart.  It wasn't until the last two years of chaos that I realized how much he used to be home. I don't know how lawyer wives handle it...  ;)

I don't currently have any voice students, which is remarkably freeing.  My current love is my sewing machine, though I rarely use a pattern.  I'm also getting pretty decent at crocheting, baking bread, growing weeds and avoiding PTA assignments.

Comments on book coming separately...in hopes of making it easier to stimulate discussion.                             
Eve just gave herself a haircut.                 Noble just learned to smile without the aid of tummy gas.


Dean is a ham.                                                          Scott is a born engineer.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Cute kiddos Katie, I can see a little of you in them.