Look who came to hang out last week?
Las Vegas is the perfect stopping point for those making the L.A. to Utah trip which is GREAT for us, because we get visitors. It was so fun to see Cathy and finally meet this Ryan fellow who won her heart.
Las Vegas is the perfect stopping point for those making the L.A. to Utah trip which is GREAT for us, because we get visitors. It was so fun to see Cathy and finally meet this Ryan fellow who won her heart.
P.S. Since I (and sometimes Cathy) seem to be the only ones to check this blog I will shamelessly post pictures of my cute kids. :)
P.P.S. Read the book...I'm ready to discuss.
15 comments:
I just picked up the book this weekend, and started to read. I'll be done by the end of the week, then we can discuss.
I'm picking it up today. The only copy I can find at the library is a LARGE PRINT COPY, so maybe I will post all my comments LARGE-LIKE.
And, yes, I check this blog, thank-you-very-much.
P.S. Your kids are adorable. And I need your new address and phone stuff.
Yeah, posts again. However, we are internet-less at the moment so some days (like today) I trek to campus and look for jobs on their internets and other days I go to Ryan's sister's house. Coming soon: apartment pictures in LA and exciting stories.
I got the book yesterday. I'm going to read it now. Well, not exactly now, now I'm going to change a diaper, but later now, you know.
Hurrah for book reading. Can't wait to discuss.
I'm going to the library tomorrow. I'm getting the book. I've been very busy, but everyone is busy, so I'll try to be responsible. May I have a month? Is that too much time?
Also. I check this blog quite frequently. If you're not careful I may start posting glamour shots of myself.
And yes, I did spell it glamour. Heh. Watch out.
You may not have a month, Mary. Actually, the book is quite short and you could finish it easily in a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
Erin-email me your new address so I can mail the book back to you.
Los Angeles Update #1: Our first Sunday in church we accidently went to the family ward in our area instead of the student one. At church they announced that a boy in the ward had died. They didn't announce how it happened or anything else, just that he had passed away. The next week in church (now in the appropriate student ward) a member of the stake presidency got up and said that this kid who died (in our ward boundaries!) had been shot execution-style by a gang. Yikes! Isn't that horrible? Gotta buy that pepper spray, soon.
Dang, Cathy! And I thought I lived in the hood.
E- Thank you. I think that Las Vegas has no real hood, just mean people who like to break windows and steal diaper bags. Argh.
When thinking of gangs in L.A. I always quote Rush Hour 2...
Lee: These men are Triads. The most deadly gang in China.
James Carter: You think they scare me? I'm from Los Angeles, man. We invented gangs!
ok. I'll read it sooner.
Carol- that's so awesome you can quote Rush Hour 2. Have you seen the third one yet?
Umm, be careful?
I know you you feel. I went to jury duty last summer and the lady I sat next to drives a school bus for our county. She told me that a kid got shot to death on the bus, and not long ago a girl got gang-raped ON THE SCHOOL BUS.
I'm moving before Dean starts school.
Post a Comment