Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pizza anyone???





We can't stop talking about what a fun time we had in NYC!!! It was great seeing you. Today we spoke in church about service and Jimmy told the story about the NYC man who jumped on the subway tracks to save the boy's life who fell in.


That's funny you recommended a feminist book, because I just watched a totally girl power movie yesterday called "Iron Jawed Angels", all about the feminist movement for voting rights. So we can read your recommendation and continue this feminist spirit I'm into right now.

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

I apologize for not posting pictures with this comment, but I am on my roommate's computer and I don't want her to see any of our fun pictures. I'm commenting on the nominee Reviving Ophelia. I've read parts/most of it but not since junior high or high school. It's more psychology book than a novel (actually it's not a novel at all) and is mainly stories about why girls are pleasers, etc. and end up doing things they know are wrong. It's a good book and was useful to my family in understanding why my sister was not doing good things. I would just like to put out there some of the books/plays that I have to read this semester anyway, but feel no obligation either way. Moliere's Tartuffe orMisanthrop, Chekhov's Three Sisters, Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. My chinese lit. class is reading The Travels of Lao Ts'an and a bunch of other stuff if you would want to read a non-Western novel. I could also recommend Vergil's Eclogues or Georgics (but I don't think anyone would enjoy them).
Anyway, if you don't choose my books, it's alright but I figured it was worth a shot.
--caught a cold in Indiana Cathy

Erin said...

The Importance of Being Earnest looks good. Everything else I couldn't pronounce...eh. You'd have to convince me. I know Reviving Ophelia is not a novel, but I thought it might be an interesting way to spark debate. So we have 2 to 1. Let's read Reviving Ophelia this month and The Importance of Being Earnest next month. How does that sound? We can then compare the two...:) It might actually be an interesting comparison. What do you think?

P.S. Love the pictures. It was great to have you guys here!